ISO 9001 compliance requires an effective root cause and Corrective Action process, to improve your processes and to enhancing results for your company and your customers.
Address the following areas with Corrective Action:
- Recurring issues that were declared “resolved” in the past
- Decline in company performance due to errors
- Problems that escape to impact your customers
Every company must respond to problems. What matters is how problems are investigated to determine reasons for problems that occur.
What do successful companies have in common?
- Talented and experienced management
- Dedicated and skilled employees
- ISO 9001 training and certification
Companies ought to:
- Lean from errors and implement permanent solutions
- Conduct systematic and rational investigations
- Identify the root of the problem and change things
Resolving and Preventing Problems Through Corrective Action
The 4 Basic Rules for Any Process to Yield Intended Results
1. The process must be defined.
2. The process must be understood by the workers.
3. The process must be easy to follow and implement.
4. The process must be measured in order to interpret and utilize results.
These rules are applicable for any type of process and business, and every process must follow these rules for it to produce the intended results. Non-adherence to the rules will result into process failure. Organizations know a process is working if it produces predictable and expected outcomes.
Finding the Root Cause of the Problem
Find the Root Cause of Any Process-Related Problem:
1. Is the process adequately defined?
2. Do the workers have a complete understanding of the process?
3. Are there obstacles in the process that can cause difficulties and lead to error?
4. Do the results show that the process is capable or incapable of meeting requirements?
Corrective Actions to Address the Root Cause of the Problem:
1. If the process is not defined adequately, revise or update the documentation.
2. If the process is unclear to workers, provide training.
3. If the process has obstacles, identify and address them.
4. If after addressing the three said conditions and the process proves incapable of meeting requirements, then the process must be redesigned.
With 9000CertificationMadeEasy, companies are provided with the right ISO 9000 training to ensure their success. They learn how to resolve problems and exercise diligence in Corrective Action to safeguard improvements in the business processes that affect customers and ultimately contribute to ROI.